ENGL& 254 : WORLD LITERATURE I
Survey of world literature from diverse cultures and periods, including historical contexts. Selections will vary by quarter but will include translations from African, Eastern, Latin, and Western literatures. (H)
- Analyze and discuss works of world literature in relation to major historical events.
- Discuss a variety of literary genres: fiction, poetry, and plays, as well as academic writing: articles and books about literature.
- Explain the cultural and political contexts of given works of world literature.
- Demonstrate effectively, in writing, knowledge of assigned readings.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively research readings and themes for the purpose of writing about literature.
- Demonstrate appropriate vocabulary/terminology in regards to literary analysis.
At a Glance
ENGL& 101 or instructor permission.