ENGL& 255 : WORLD LITERATURE II
Theme-based study of selected masterpieces of African, Asian, European, and American literature in context. (H)
- Read works of world literature that connect through a specific theme.
- Analyze and discuss works of world literature in relation to major historical events.
- Explain the cultural and political contexts for works of world literature.
- Demonstrate effectively, in writing, knowledge and understanding of assigned readings and the theme that connects them.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively conduct research related to course readings and themes.
- Demonstrate appropriate vocabulary/terminology in regards to literary analysis.
At a Glance
ENGL& 101 or permission of instructor.