FILM 100 : ART OF FILM
Study of film as visual text, including key terms, primary practitioners, and major developments. Examination of film as transmitter of themes and values. (H)
- Define and use specific vocabulary relating to filmmaking and the motion picture industry.
- Analyze motion pictures using established criteria.
- Describe some major developments, personalities, and movements in the history of filmmaking.
- Discuss films as texts that reflect our larger social and cultural value systems.
- Compare and contrast films according to their genres, styles, and narrative strategies.
- Write about specific films in depth using the language and techniques of Film Studies as a discipline.
At a Glance
Eligibility for or completion of ENGL& 101.