This course is designated to give the student a practical exposure to the fundamentals of assorted enrobed, non-yeasted doughs, basic creams, fillings and cooked doughs.
- Complete comprehension of the science of enrobed doughs facilitating execution at a professional level of various items such as croissants and danishes.
- Ability to create enrobed doughs by hand, from scratch and manipulate in various ways for varied presentations.
- Ability to make various basic fillings and creams and ability to use proper ratio of dough to filling for a well-balanced final product.
- Students will practice creating consistent and uniform products ensuring the customer’s content plus controlling cost for profit gains. This will also build speed and professionalism.
- Students will use critical thinking to evaluate and determine how different mixing methods and ingredients will affect the final product.