This course is designated to give the student the ability to design and produce basic individual plated desserts. Skills in planning, organization, portion control and plate presentation are developed.
- Use all previously learned skills to produce all components of a restaurant quality dessert, organize and plate them in a professional manner.
- Use of already learned skills with newly acquired ones to create basic candies, brittles, caramels, truffels and bom boms.
- As a student advanced in the program, the student will demonstrate leadership qualities assisting and leading newer students in their tasks while focusing and finishing their own assignments.
- Responsibility – Be motivated to set high personal goals for achievement.
- Students will use critical thinking to evaluate and determine how different mixing methods and ingredients will affect the final product.