Geodesy and mapping; introduction to atmospheric science, weather, climate, the oceans, hydrology, and the earth’s heat budget. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Natural Sciences, Elective)
- Describe and explain how solar energy and energy in the atmosphere effect the seasons, the atmosphere, and global temperatures.
- Describe and explain how atmospheric and oceanic circulations determine atmospheric moisture distributions and weather.
- Describe and explain the geology of our planet, and its effect on tectonics, earthquakes, and volcanism.
- Describe and explain the underlying physical processes for why the Earth looks the way it does, including erosion by wind, water, and mass movement.
- Describe and locate the major physical features of the Earth.