GEOG 120 : INTRODUCTION TO PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY
Geodesy and mapping; introduction to atmospheric science, weather, climate, the oceans, hydrology, and the earth’s heat budget. (NS)
- Describe and explain how solar energy and energy in the atmosphere effect the seasons, the atmosphere, and global temperatures.
- Describe and explain how atmospheric and oceanic circulations determine atmospheric moisture distributions as well as water resources.
- Describe and explain the Earth's climate regions, and climate change.
- Describe and explain the geology of our planet, and its effect on tectonics, earthquakes, and volcanism.
- Describe and explain the underlying physical processes for why the Earth looks the way it does, including glaciation, erosion by wind, water, and mass movement.
- Describe and locate the major physical features of the Earth.
At a Glance
Eligibility for both ENGL& 101 and MATH 090/091.