GRBD 102 : WOODWORKING II
Students will explore the art of creating finished pieces and establishing a career in the woodworking industry. This class covers advanced woodworking, cabinet making, and Labor and Industry guidelines for shop floor plans and walkways. Students will construct using jogs and templates.
- Students will be able to recognize and demonstrate proper and safe usage of modern hand and portable power tools and stationary tools.
- Students will demonstrate the knowledge of OSHA and WA St. Dept L & I guidelines and requirements by designing a shop floor print, complete with walkways, minimum tool requirements, workflow and storage.
- Students will explain the meaning of significant figures an tolerances as they relate to woodworking.
- Students will demonstrate their ability to build precision cabinets by making drawing and building cabinet box, face, doors and drawers to within 1/32" tolerances.
- Students will demonstrate their ability to make matching pieces by constructing and using jigs and templates.
At a Glance