HIST& 147 : U.S. HISTORY II
Political, economic, and cultural history of United States, from early 19th century to the beginning of the 20th century. (SS)
- Demonstrate a “historical mindedness”-- understanding the historical context of ideas, events, and issues.
- Demonstrate a sense of regionalism that incorporates geography, economics, politics, and culture.
- Identify the contributions and world view of diverse populations of the region.
- Distinguish major themes from a regional perspective and from a national perspective.
- Demonstrate mastery of significant events, people, and ideas that shaped the region from the beginnings of human settlement.
- Analyze and synthesize critical primary and secondary source materials.
- Organize thoughts and communicate them clearly and concisely in written form and in oral discussions.
At a Glance
Eligibility for or completion of ENGL& 101.