HSEM 240 : WORKBASED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
The purpose of the Homeland Security Emergency Management (HSEM) Internship is to give students who are well advanced in their undergraduate program the opportunity to experience the links between theory and practice through application in the work setting of the knowledge and skills gained in the classroom.
- Describe the Work-based Learning (WBL) site as a whole, including its history and culture.
- Interacts with other organizations and the community it serves.
- Collaborate at regular intervals with the WBL site agency supervisor to further develop skills, realign expectations and duties, or change responsibilities.
- Perform expected duties of the WBL site as outlined in expectations provided by your supervisor.
- Identify emergency management techniques used from your WBL.
- Examine the emergency management duties and responsibilities of your WBL site.
- Analyze various types of exercises used by this organization and their specific purposes and objectives.
- The mission of your WBL through personal and professional actions.
- Effectively work with internal and external customers.
- Relate prior academic theory to current work experience.
- Working with your WBL supervisor and instructor, design and implement a feasible project plan.
- Identify specific skills and knowledge required by working emergency managers.
- Produce a project report.
At a Glance
Preapproval of HSEM Internship Coordinator and Advisor.