HUMDV 110 : CAREER/LIFE PLANNING
Explores career and life options that fit individual interests, needs, and skills through an informative, interactive process. Start with what you know about yourself and create a path for the future. Includes interest inventories, informational interviewing, job market information, and how to create effective resumes.
- Assess and discuss individual skills, values, interests, attitudes and approaches that inform career and life decision-making.
- Evaluate occupational information and current labor market trends in the context of individual skills, interests, lifestyle and goals.
- Articulate through writing the reasoning behind informed choices related to careers.
- Research information on how and where one can acquire the experience and knowledge required for employment in a particular profession.
- Build resumes and cover letters.
- Research information on four-year colleges and degrees needed for selected careers.
At a Glance
Credits: 1 - 3
Program: Human Development