Designed to help you succeed on college research assignments. This course will emphasize developing research questions and search strategies; searching relevant subject databases; synthesizing information from sources; and citing sources in APA format. Readings and assignments focus on issues and contexts specific to Health and Social Sciences. Students will demonstrate core 'information competencies' by developing a research project on a topic relevant to the health sciences or social sciences. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Clearly articulate a need for health information.
- Locate multiple relevant sources of health information for a particular need.
- Evaluate information and its sources using a set of criteria.
- Apply information from a variety of sources to a specific purpose.
- Reference information sources using APA style.