Continuation of KLA 222. Mastery of listening, reading, writing, and speaking; review of previous material; continued exploration into Klallam traditional tales and lore. Learner-centered instruction focusing on translation and analysis of recorded Klallam narratives and conversation. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Elective)
Completion of KLA 222 or instructor permission
- Demonstrate intermediate level proficiency in listening, reading,speaking and writing in Klallam.
- Apply new Klallam vocabulary through a variety of written and oral assignments.
- Apply appropriate grammatical structures.
- Describe and discuss the sounds, grammar, and narrative style of the Klallam language.
- Apply grammar, vocabulary, and style to continue the Klallam narrative tradition.