Conic sections; trigonometric functions; identities; inverse trigonometric functions; trigonometric equations; solutions of right triangles; laws of sines and cosines; vectors; polar coordinates; and complex numbers. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Quantitative Skills, Natural Sciences, Elective)
2.0 or higher in MATH& 141 or equivalent
Students who successfully complete this class should be able to:
- Evaluate, analyze and graph trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions.
- Apply the triangular and circular definitions of the trigonometric functions.
- Verify and apply trigonometric identities.
- Solve trigonometric equations.
- Analyze and graph conic sections, parametric equations, and polar equations.
- Graph and perform basic operations with vectors.
- Solve application problems.