MED 105 : HIV/AIDS Training for Healthcare Providers
Course offers training in the etiology, epidemiology, transmission, testing, and treatment of HIV/ AIDS. Students will review infection control, counseling and confidential interviews with patients, and the legal, ethical, and psychosocial issues related to HIV/AIDS. Outcomes per WAC 246-12-270. NOTE: Students need to have entry codes to register.
- Discuss etiology and epidemiology of HIV/AIDS
- Discuss testing and counseling procedures and steps
- Describe infection control guidelines
- Describe clinical manifestations and treatment
- Recognize legal and ethical issues, to include confidentiality
- Recognize psychosocial issues, to include special population considerations