MED 150 : MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING I
This course gives medical assisting students an introduction to managed care and insurance coverage. Students will learn medical billing practices including electronic submission and computerized billing techniques, and includes ICD-9, ICD-10, and CPT coding. Students will be instructed in the use of an educational electronic medical record (EMR) system. NOTE: Students need to have entry codes to register.
- Explain basic bookkeeping computations.
- Differentiate between bookkeeping and accounting.
- Describe banking procedures.
- Discuss precautions for accepting checks.
- Compare types of endorsement.
- Differentiate between accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Compare manual and computerized bookkeeping systems used in ambulatory healthcare.
At a Glance
Program: Medical Assisting