MEDIA 111 : INTRODUCTION TO MULTIMEDIA WEB
Learn fundamental concepts and skills of multimedia content development and website design. Students will create multimedia elements with Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and opensource applications. Manipulate photographs, design animated web banners and graphic rollover buttons. Explore interface design and embed multimedia presentations in a webpage.
- Define common multimedia terms and learn to differentiate between multimedia, web, and graphic file formats.
- Use Dreamweaver to create a web page with internal and external hyperlinks, graphics, animation, and other multimedia content.
- Publish websites to the internet using Wordpress and file transfer protocol.
- Edit and enhance photographs with Photoshop and optimize photographs for web display.
- Build a country showcase website to demonstrate awareness of unique cultures, examine multicultural perspectives, and their intercultural impact on our global society.
At a Glance
Good computer file management and typing skills.
Program: Multimedia Communications