Learn fundamental concepts and skills of multimedia content development and website design. Students will create multimedia elements with Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and open-source applications. Manipulate photographs, design animated web banners and graphic rollover buttons. Explore interface design and embed multimedia presentations in a webpage. Good computer file management and typing skills is recommended. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Define common multimedia terms and learn to differentiate between multimedia, web, and graphic file formats.
- Use Dreamweaver to create a web page with internal and external hyperlinks, graphics, animation, and other multimedia content.
- Publish websites to the internet using Wordpress and file transfer protocol.
- Edit and enhance photographs with Photoshop and optimize photographs for web display.
- Build a country showcase website to demonstrate awareness of unique cultures, examine multicultural perspectives, and their intercultural impact on our global society.