Develops musicianship through study and application of compositional elements. Emphasis on musical notation, aural skills, and aesthetic musical values. Each quarter prerequisite to the next or by permission of instructor. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Humanities, Elective)
- Identify and apply musical pitch symbols.
- Identify and apply musical rhythm symbols.
- Classify various bodies of notational symbols.
- Construct major scales on all pitches.
- Identify tonal centers.
- Alter tonal centers – transpose scales, works.