MUSC 146-148 : VOCAL ENSEMBLE I,II,III
The study and performance of specialized contemporary and jazz vocal music suitable for beginning and advanced students. This class will include students from multiple sections. (P, E)
- Sing jazz and contemporary music in various tempos, including the following: ballads, jazz swing, and latin.
- Demonstrate appropriate stage presence in a performance setting, including the following: be able to introduce music performed by both soloist and ensemble to the audience, wear appropriate concert attire as prescribed by the instructor.
- Understand and use proper microphone technique while singing.
- Understand and apply good breath control and tone while singing, including the following: the use of vibrato and song delivery.
- Identify the key concepts in the articulation of song lyrics.
- Name and identify the key concepts in the interpretation of jazz and contemporary vocal music, including the following: vowels, dynamics, message of songs performed, theoretical understanding of songs performed, historical information of songs performed.
- Display memory of tunes performed in concert setting.
- Display consistent attendance and participation in the twice weekly lab setting.
At a Glance
Permission of instructor.