MUSC 146-148 : Vocal Ensemble I, II, III
The study and performance of specialized contemporary and jazz vocal music suitable for beginning and advanced students. This class will include students from multiple sections. (P, E)
Permission of instructor.
- Sing jazz and contemporary music in various tempos, including the following: ballads, jazz swing, and latin.
- Demonstrate appropriate stage presence in a performance setting, including the following: be able to introduce music performed by both soloist and ensemble to the audience, wear appropriate concert attire as prescribed by the instructor.
- Understand and use proper microphone technique while singing.
- Understand and apply good breath control and tone while singing, including the following: the use of vibrato and song delivery.
- Identify the key concepts in the articulation of song lyrics.
- Name and identify the key concepts in the interpretation of jazz and contemporary vocal music, including the following: vowels, dynamics, message of songs performed, theoretical understanding of songs performed, historical information of songs performed.
- Display memory of tunes performed in concert setting.
- Display consistent attendance and participation in the twice weekly lab setting.