Learn key concepts and practical principles of tort law. Apply tort concepts in current cases. Distinguish how to carefully consider variables in a case and potential resolutions. Realistic situations are designed to improve legal understanding and skills. Identify the principles of tort law needed for a successful career as a paralegal. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Introduce the key concepts and practical principles of tort law.
- Identify the types of liability.
- Identify the elements of intentional torts.
- Identify the criteria used to assess the reasonableness of a person's conduct.
- Recognize the components of negligence damages.
- Identify the elements of negligence defenses.
- Understand what constitutes negligence.
- Distinguish among intentional, negligent, and innocent misrepresentation.
- Identify possible areas of liability.