PE 142-144 : Yoga I-III
Introduction to the practice of Hatha Yoga, including the physical postures (asanas), breathing exercises (pranayama), meditation, and deep relaxation. Yoga improves strength, flexibility, balance, concentration, stress management, and overall health. This class will include students from multiple sections. (E)
- Perform yoga poses such as inversion, twisting, and balancing variation.
- Execute proper alignment in physical poses.
- Perform yoga flow (vinyasa) combinations.
- Discuss the benefits of poses, breathing, and relaxation techniques used in class.
- Apply meditation/mindfulness techniques to center and calm.