Nature and function of political institutions in major national systems. ENGL& 101 or concurrent enrollment is recommended. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Social Sciences, Elective)
- Identify the ideologies and political philosophies that shape political science.
- Explain the major concepts of political science.
- Describe the development and role of the modern nation-state.
- Explain the role of political and economic policies in the modern state.
- Examine the differences between democratic and non-democratic states.
- Assess the place of political culture in shaping a nation’s political institutions.
- Describe the basic functions of a nation’s political and social institutions.
- Analyze group interactions within a state, including political parties and elections.