PSYC& 200 : LIFESPAN PSYCHOLOGY
Scientific study of human growth, development, and change throughout life cycle. Physical, cognitive, social, personality, and other aspects of the individual examined through successive stages, from prenatal development until death. (E)
- Identify the major theories of development used in the fields of developmental and lifespan psychology.
- Understand the research methods used to investigate development across the lifespan.
- Explain the influence of biology and genetics on development.
- Describe major events during prenatal development and childbirth.
- Identify the major physical/biological, cognitive, social, and emotional changes that take place during each of the following stages of development: Infancy, Early Childhood, Middle Childhood, Adolescence, Emerging and Early Adulthood, Middle Adulthood, Late Adulthood.
- Understand and describe death and dying, and be able to identify major end of life issues.
At a Glance