WELD 220 : ADVANCED WELDING AND METAL FABRICATION II
Continuation of welding program designed to increase skills and provide preparation for the American Welding Society (AWS) certification. Learn to layout, cut, prepare, fit-up, and weld together metal to repair parts and fabricate projects.
- Define Gas Tungsten Arc Welding.
- Distinguish among manual, semiautomatic, and automatic modes of operation.
- Identify where GTAW is used in industry.
- Describe advantages and disadvantages.
- Explain the different types of current needed to weld different types of metal.
- Recall safety precautions regarding GTAW.
- Discuss the correct procedures for the care and maintenance of welding machines.
- Identify and explain functions of shielding gases in a GTAW system.
- Follow precautions for gas regulation procedures.
- List characteristics of aluminum.
- Explain aluminum welding procedures and techniques with DCEP, DCEN and ACHF.
- Explain welding procedures for welding steel using DCEN.
- Explain welding procedures for GTAW of nickel products. (Stainless Steel).
- Explain Torch Manipulation and a variety of welding techniques for pipe.
At a Glance
WELD 210. Enrollment on spaceavailable basis.