WELD 230 : Advanced Welding and Metal Fabrication III
Continuation of welding program designed to increase skills and provide preparation for several welding processes including AWS Pipe Welding certification. Learn to layout, cut, prepare, fit-up, and weld together metal to repair parts and fabricate projects. This class will include students from multiple sections.
WELD 220. Enrollment on space-available basis.
- List characteristics of aluminum.
- Prepare an aluminum joint for welding with the GMAW and GTAW process.
- Demonstrate proper techniques of welding aluminum with the GMAW and GTAW process.
- Explain power supplies, gases, electrodes, and techniques for ACHF welding on aluminum.
- Identify procedures for GTAW practice and production.
- Prepare and weld a 6” pipe according to ASME sect 9 with TIG or SMAW root.
- Prepare and weld a 8” pipe according to ASME sect 9 with TIG or SMAW root.
- Prepare and weld an aluminum pipe to ASME sect 9.
- Prepare and weld a stainless pipe to ASME sect 9.