Continuation of welding program designed to increase skills and provide preparation for several welding processes including AWS Pipe Welding certification. Learn to layout, cut, prepare, fit-up, and weld together metal to repair parts and fabricate projects. This class may include students from multiple sections.
WELD 220; enrollment on space-available basis
- List characteristics of aluminum.
- Prepare an aluminum joint for welding with the GMAW and GTAW process.
- Demonstrate proper techniques of welding aluminum with the GMAW and GTAW process.
- Explain power supplies, gases, electrodes, and techniques for ACHF welding on aluminum.
- Identify procedures for GTAW practice and production.
- Prepare and weld a 6” pipe according to ASME sect 9 with TIG or SMAW root.
- Prepare and weld a 8” pipe according to ASME sect 9 with TIG or SMAW root.
- Prepare and weld an aluminum pipe to ASME sect 9.
- Prepare and weld a stainless pipe to ASME sect 9.