ECED& 107 : HEALTH, NUTRITION, AND SAFETY
Develop knowledge and skills to ensure good health, nutrition, and safety of children in group care and education programs. Recognize the signs of abuse and neglect, responsibilities for mandated reporting, and available community resources.
- Describe federal and state mandated health, safety, and nutrition practices.
- Identify indicators of illnesses/ infectious diseases and steps to prevent the spread of them.
- Outline safety procedures for providing emergency care and daily care.
- Evaluate program safety policies.
- Describe food programs and practices that support the development of children.
- Create examples of developmentally appropriate and culturally responsive health, safety, and nutrition education materials and activities.
- Describe the responsibilities of mandated reporters.
- Develop strategies for working with culturally, linguistically, and ability diverse families in accessing health, nutritional, and dental services.
At a Glance
Program: Early Childhood Education