Business writing course required for students seeking a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree. Production of business documents, including reports, proposals, letters, memos, essays, emails, and performance evaluations. Group projects and oral presentations. Review of business writing style, paragraphing, grammar, and document formatting. This class may include students from multiple sections.
Must be seeking a Bachelor of Applied Science degree to enroll. If interested, visit pencol.edu/bas
- Analyze rhetorical choices made by authors of actual business documents.
- Compose a variety of business documents meant for different audiences.
- Compose business documents that use clear, concise, unified, coherent, well-developed, grammatical prose.
- Apply ethics to the composition of business documents.
- Demonstrate an ability to do research on business management topics and apply that research to documents with proper source citation.
- Apply consistent formatting and creative visual design elements to business documents.
- Demonstrate an ability to collaborate with peers.