Exploration of connected works of literature and film. The films and texts may be direct adaptations of each other or may be connected thematically. The course will focus on a specific overall theme, genre, historical period, and/or author. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Humanities, Elective)
Eligibility for or completion of ENGL& 101
- Read, discuss, and write about related films and works of literature within their historical, cultural, and intellectual contexts.
- Read, discuss, and write about the thematic similarities and dissimilarities of related films and works of literature.
- Read, discuss, and write about artistic differences between works of literature and films.
- Read, discuss, and write about the relationship of selected secondary readings to films and literature.
- Analyze films and literature according to their formal and thematic elements through writing and discussion.
- Demonstrate mastery of key terms and concepts related to the course material through answering test questions, participating in discussions, and writing informal and formal responses and essays.
- Explore a topic related to the course material in more depth through a final project.