FILM 110 : Literature and Film
Exploration of connected works of literature and film. The films and texts may be direct adaptations of each other or may be connected thematically. The course will focus on a specific overall theme, genre, historical period, and/or author. (H)
Eligibility for or completion of ENGL& 101.
- Read, discuss, and write about related films and works of literature within their historical, cultural, and intellectual contexts.
- Read, discuss, and write about the thematic similarities and dissimilarities of related films and works of literature.
- Read, discuss, and write about artistic differences between works of literature and films.
- Read, discuss, and write about the relationship of selected secondary readings to films and literature.
- Analyze films and literature according to their formal and thematic elements through writing and discussion.
- Demonstrate mastery of key terms and concepts related to the course material through answering test questions, participating in discussions, and writing informal and formal responses and essays.
- Explore a topic related to the course material in more depth through a final project.