Introduction to the formal elements of graphic design. Explore contemporary design issues and examine the history and psychology behind design communications. Use page layout software to create materials for publication and produce a final printed portfolio of student work. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of graphic design principles used in visual communication projects.
- Have a basic understanding of typography and how it is best used in design.
- Be able to discuss and articulate reasons for composition, content, and themes of various design works and participate in critiques of design work.
- Develop an individual or personal style in ideas and image making.
- Use a variety of techniques and methods in creating publications to plan and design both simple and complex publications for print and web delivery.