Course takes students beyond the basics of digital photography as they increase the depth of their aesthetic expression and photographic technique. Students will complete a series of directed projects designed to stimulate creative ideas, expand visual communication skills, improve composition, and develop their own unique body of work using digital cameras and photographic technologies. Students supply their own camera. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Formulate and apply solutions to photographic and technical problems.
- Develop an understanding of visual literacy through an open exchange of ideas and criticism.
- Identify issues that influence individual perception of culture, place, and visual impact.
- Capture and preserve the essence of community, environment, and culture in digital photographs to exhibit a website gallery.
- Use Adobe Photoshop to process, adjust, optimize, and blend images.