MEDIA 175 : PRINCIPLES OF DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
Introduction to digital photography, studio lighting, portraiture and computer photo imaging. Emphasis on the discovery of solutions for artistic challenges to composition, lighting, color balance, white balance, exposure methods, and photographic technology. Create an interactive web gallery of photographs for web presentation. Explore the cultural influences of visual communication and the evolution of traditional photography into the digital age.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of digital photography terminology, features, and concepts.
- Implement camera and photographic methods including measure and control natural lighting, adjust and control white balance, digital exposure, and the visual flow of a photograph using depth of field.
- Plan, compose, and photograph varied subjects while developing a unique visual artistry.
- Critique and evaluate basic composition and aesthetic elements of photographic images and participate in subject specific online discussions.
- Use industry standard digital imaging computer software, Adobe Photoshop, to manipulate photographs and use PowerPoint to create electronic presentations.
At a Glance
Good computer and file management skills.
Program: Multimedia Communications