PSYC 141 : PSYCHOSOCIAL ISSUES IN HEALTHCARE I
Psychosocial Issues in Healthcare I examines determinants of health and illness including social, psychological, environmental, spiritual, and cultural dimensions across the lifespan and within the context of health care.
- Identify the influences of ethnicity, culture, and spiritual/religious beliefs to health practices.
- Identify one's own psychosocial-spiritual-cultural beliefs, values and biases.
- Discuss evidence of health disparities among racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic groups.
- Discuss concepts of self-care.
- Discuss principles of teaching, learning and behavioral change in the context of health and wellness.
- Apply the nursing process to the concept of stress, grief, bereavement, and end of life care.
- Identify ways to collaborate with other members of the healthcare team to meet a client's psychosocial needs.
- Apply communication and teaching concepts in developing helping relationships with individuals, families, and groups.
At a Glance
Requires admission to the nursing program.