This course concentrates on the creative and practical exploration of computer graphics and page layout design. Students will explore basic concepts of digital media, terminology and acquire hands-on experience working with industry standard page layout and illustration software. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Apply skills to create and understand the fundamentals of graphic design by translating design elements into new graphic design solutions.
- Practice the creative process by creating numerous ideas on a particular topic.
- Use traditional and digital tools to render letter forms, illustrations, and graphic designs.
- Operate with specific graphic design requirements while using a combination of typography and imagery.
- Create a hierarchy of information within a given space.